1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,
    did you know MechoPirate is totally not-for-profit and relies on donations from members such as yourself to stay alive?
    If you enjoy the site and can help us please consider making a donation to keep the site alive, every $1 helps, you can read more regarding our plight here: Our Plea for Help

Or alternatively you can Donate directly by joining us on our Discord Server using this link here:
    Mecho Network Discord
  3. Hi Guest,
    Please read our new staff approved rules for the site, any problems with the rules then feel free to contact a member of the team.
    Please ensure you familiarise yourself with these new rules as they have now become the official ruleset of the MechoPirate Site and are now being enforced.
    https://www.mechopirate.com/threads/general-rules-of-the-forum.4/

Many Thanks

MechoPirate Administration & Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Reporting Broken Links

Some of you might have noticed by now that at the bottom of the threads there is a new button called Report Broken Links. This little piece of code has been hand-coded by the MechoPirate Admin Team and we are pleased to say this is now working better than we anticipated
    Lets say a member by the name of peterparker puts a post up with a movie and 6 download links but none of those links work, Rather than skipping past them we ask if you can please click the
    Report Broken Links button and notify the author who can then either re-upload using mirrors OR trash the thread.
    As we run the site for the community and so many people frequent our site this is our way of asking for a little help, not only is it going to save many man hours per week it will also keep the content fresh and active for you all and encourage frequent visitation rather than sporadic

We thank you for your assistance with this matter and hope you all enjoy the wonderful treats that MechoPirate has to offer

MechoPirate Admin Team
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We are currently on the look out for moderators. this means that we will need to expand the team to include more dedicated members which will help our current team handle the forums, your duties will be clear and a certain level of maturity is required if you even want to be considered for the position Section Moderator. Members can PM MechoPirate for an application, what you post will define what type of moderator you will be and ultimately if you are suitable to handle it. Members who constantly troll will not be considered, as mentioned before a certain level of maturity is required and as a moderator your view towards members will change drastically.

If you would like to be considered for the position Start a Thread in the Announcements: Applications Section or PM MechoPirate with why you would be suitable. We are looking for dedicated members only, simply visiting the forums once every week will not be accepted. You are expected to be very active to handle both reports & threads without being told to, you will be working relevantly independent and must be able to make the judgment calls necessary for the job and yes, this could involve warning and even banning friends. those who are successful will be given moderator powers in the section they request and a free S-VIP VIP name for when they are off duty.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Spot a Fake Movie Post Witouth Downloading It

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by voyager1908, May 14, 2010.

If you don't see any download link or link was broken. Please use Report Broken Link button to request new link.
  1. voyager1908

voyager1908 Well-Known Member

I find this on web and I taught why not share it.

How to Spot a Fake Movie Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* How to Spot FAKE movie posts without downloading the files! *
    A: (Read Tip Nº5)

Lately i think the fake posts for movies had increased a lot, i personally hate that, so i decided to create a thread to explain to beginners / intermediate users how to spot fake movies without downloading the files to check its content .

If you are always unsure whether to download or not the movie from certain posts, this post is for you !!

Tips:

Nº1:

Quote:
    Always check in IMDB the Release Date, if the post has a movie in dvdrip/r5 etc. and its release date its only 1/2 weeks from today, that's a huge red light.

( i.e: Official release in 23 of may 2010, and you are watching a post claiming that has the movie, and your current date is 12 of February 2010 .)
    Nº 2:

Quote:
    PRINT SCREENS AREN'T ALWAYS CORRECT !!

Imagine i'm claiming to have "How to train your dragon" from dreamworks (release date: 26/03/2010) in dvdrip for example. Today is 24/03/2010, here's the screens so you can confirm the quality !

How is this done? Simple..

Going to youtube view the trailer in HD, and take some printscreens.

A good trick is, when u see a post that you don't believe it with nice screens, go to youtube and see the trailer 8/10 you will see the images in the post in the trailers at some point.

Nº3:

Quote:
    If there is no .nfo about the movie and i think the post is dodgy this is another huge red light for me, not all have the same structure, but if you're a newbie look for something in this style:

Check Download Links Code:

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : [email protected]
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Duration : 1h 28mn
    Bit rate : 966 Kbps
    Width : 512 pixels
    Height : 272 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 1.882
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Resolution : 8 bits
    Colorimetry : 40
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.277
    Stream size : 609 MiB (87%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.0.1 (UTC 2004-06-05)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Mode : Joint stereo
    Format_Settings_ModeExtension : MS Stereo
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Duration : 1h 28mn
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 133 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Stream size : 83.6 MiB (12%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 24 ms (0.60 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 115 ms

Nº4

Quote:
    Always look to the user that posted the thread , and see how many threads he created so far.
    Why?? Because users who post fake posts are banned by administrators, so they can't post anymore.. 90% of the times, users with just a few posts , post fake movies.

This is where you check that info:
    i.e:

Nº5:

Quote:
    Users that only post links from:

HOTFILE.COM
    DEPOSITFILES.COM
    SHARINGMATRIX.COM
    STORAGE.TO
    and many others ..

Why?
    Because these sites give money to those users per download that you do, so if you download their files from a movie that you think its in a decent release. They are actually tricking you , when you realize you downloaded everything and that is not the movie that you expected, they already made money in the file hosting service.
    Nº6:<- Thanks to cccbycox for this one

Quote:
    Beware of phishing links, when clicking a link check if it is the same on your status bar !

Also he advises you and i agree 100% to check the longevity of the user in the forum, you can easily trust someone thats in the forum for a couple of years and their posts, than newbies that just show up and start posting.

Nº7:

Quote:
    Lack of information in the post.

So this fakers make money they need to create hundreds or thousands of fake posts with ppl downloading. So sometimes they just don't have time to create perfect posts and you can notice that when:

- The post has for example only the cover a small info and download links , like i said usually hotfile, sharingmatrix etc..

- The post title is something like "Alice in Wonderland DVDRIP 2010", this is really basic, and no group* in the world that got that release will create something basic like this, they love to put their name on the title and usually its not that neat . A better title would it be "Alice.in.Wonderland.LIMITED.DVDRip.XviD.SAPHi RE"

* An official group* ALWAYS has its name in the title, usually in the end. In this case is Saphire" *

Examples:

Look here, not many posts, basic title ..faker got banned

This one has loads of posts, you can see he takes pride in creating the post/title and its real, also the name of the group in the end.

Good users most of them when they post something that is real they make the effort to create a nice post, and eventually get their recognition with a thanks or so, usually this type of users always post quality threads.

* group: One or more guys that get the release of the movie first, and then share them on the internet.
    Quote:
    IMPORTANT

99.9% of REAL posts contain "RapidShare" links in the thread.

These are not definite solutions, just a guideline to help you downloading movies in all forums.
    If you follow these tips i'm sure you will be much more experienced in downloading quality movies. Peace.
    * If you do find posts with this evidences that u know is fake, report it ! You'll be only helping everyone to have a clean forum, and ppl we can trust *

Tags:

2. willowwillow

willowwillow Active Member

Helpful guide, thank you. As always nothing is 100%, but people checking this way will get nearly no fakes.

3. desertrat

desertrat New Member

thank you very much for this info

4. bandit

bandit New Member

5. phil237

phil237 Donator

6. _phlynhi

_phlynhi Member

Another red flag to keep in mind is a poster with a huge amount of posts in a short time frame. Joined May 2010 and 600 posts? I would click on the posters name and choose "find other posts by <user>", and see if there are any comments or complaints about their posts. I would also look at the posts to see if they're thanking other posters, offering help, making requests, or just posting DL after DL...
    IF you do download a fake file, please report using the [​IMG] button! Save other users on Mecho the heartache, and help your Mods help you. That is the most important thing you can do.

As mentioned, none of these steps are foolproof, but taken together, should paint a good picture of who your poster is...

Cheers,

_phly

Lasted edited by : Jun 8, 2010

7. voyager1908

I got banned here for not being careful.I had to make some precaution measures.
    Youre welcome btw

8. subscribevegas

subscribevegas New Member

I've been stung by fakes and this seems like real good info.

THANKS

9. Southpark

Southpark New Member

Great bit of info voyager for people who are beginers in the movie scene

10. hagibis

hagibis New Member

Thanks a mil. I have been victimized a lot of times by these fakes.

11. drm1963

drm1963 Member

If you see a fake why not post back to this thread for all to see and maybe we can at least slow them down on this site!!

I try to post something like this when I see a movie that falls into this category! Sure I may be tagging a few legit movies but for these I do apologize but for the fakers!

Stay out of MECHIODOWNLOAD!!

Here is what I post on fake movies!!

===================================================================================

Before even starting to download check out the post named

How to Spot a Fake Movie Post Without Downloading It

you will find this falls into this category and do everyone a favor if you find more also post this to that as well and we will stop them from making money!

If they can not make money they will not take the time to post FAKE MOVIES!!

Lasted edited by : Jun 8, 2010

12. voyager1908

13. drm1963

drm1963 Member

maybe a theory but if everyone would actually do something other than just say

ITS FAKE ITS FAKE

it will keep others from downloading it and if someone does get the password actually posting it instead of letting everyone else find out the hard way!

14. norf

norf New Member

Also, be wary of urlcash<.>net, usercash.com, ... links. They don't guarantee the DL to be fake, but since it's a quick way for uploaders to make some bucks I'd say the likelihood is high.

Lasted edited by : Jul 8, 2017

15. flyingjackal456

flyingjackal456 New Member

16. destin2008

destin2008 Member

thanks for the useful tip, rep added

17. Tielknight

Tielknight New Member

Very helpful guide, i'll have to bookmark this one for future use, thanks!

18. chris250

chris250 New Member

Helpful guide Thank You, Voyager

19. voyager1908

20. NInjaGinger

NInjaGinger I Donated!

Not forgetting the password for the rars is on a site that plops spyware and malware on the pc. then after jumping thru many hoops and hopefully adding personal details so they can bombard you with spam etc etc etc.