1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,
    did you know MechoPirate is totally not-for-profit and relies on donations from members such as yourself to stay alive?
    If you enjoy the site and can help us please consider making a donation to keep the site alive, every $1 helps, you can read more regarding our plight here: Our Plea for Help

Or alternatively you can Donate directly but using this link here: Donate Here
  3. Hi Guest,
    Please read our new staff approved rules for the site, any problems with the rules then feel free to contact a member of the team.
    Please ensure you familiarise yourself with these new rules as they have now become the official ruleset of the MechoPirate Site and are now being enforced.
    https://www.mechopirate.com/threads/general-rules-of-the-forum.4/

Many Thanks

MechoPirate Administration & Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Reporting Broken Links

Some of you might have noticed by now that at the bottom of the threads there is a new button called Report Broken Links. This little piece of code has been hand-coded by the MechoPirate Admin Team and we are pleased to say this is now working better than we anticipated
    Lets say a member by the name of peterparker puts a post up with a movie and 6 download links but none of those links work, Rather than skipping past them we ask if you can please click the
    Report Broken Links button and notify the author who can then either re-upload using mirrors OR trash the thread.
    As we run the site for the community and so many people frequent our site this is our way of asking for a little help, not only is it going to save many man hours per week it will also keep the content fresh and active for you all and encourage frequent visitation rather than sporadic

We thank you for your assistance with this matter and hope you all enjoy the wonderful treats that MechoPirate has to offer

MechoPirate Admin Team
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We are currently on the look out for moderators. this means that we will need to expand the team to include more dedicated members which will help our current team handle the forums, your duties will be clear and a certain level of maturity is required if you even want to be considered for the position Section Moderator. Members can PM MechoPirate for an application, what you post will define what type of moderator you will be and ultimately if you are suitable to handle it. Members who constantly troll will not be considered, as mentioned before a certain level of maturity is required and as a moderator your view towards members will change drastically.

If you would like to be considered for the position Start a Thread in the Announcements: Applications Section or PM MechoPirate with why you would be suitable. We are looking for dedicated members only, simply visiting the forums once every week will not be accepted. You are expected to be very active to handle both reports & threads without being told to, you will be working relevantly independent and must be able to make the judgment calls necessary for the job and yes, this could involve warning and even banning friends. those who are successful will be given moderator powers in the section they request and a free S-VIP VIP name for when they are off duty.
    Dismiss Notice

Avoid Internet surveillance for free!! It's easier than you think!

Discussion in 'Computer & Technology' started by noirvpn, Feb 25, 2013.

If you don't see any download link or link was broken. Please use Report Broken Link button to request new link.
  1. hottwhls

hottwhls Member

Great plan here....If your a member have not a supporter yet....think of the many times you have benefit from the site in one way or another.It is the Holiday season for giving.Give a little to your favorite site 'Mechodownload'

"Fight On!" USC Trojans! lol

2. noirvpn

noirvpn MP Sponsor

Hey everybody...

NoirVpn is still active and going strong.

As part of an ongoing Mechodownload promotion....we want to give away a FULL free month test account of our vpn services.

So what do you need to win - easy - enter your name to the this mail and we will do a random draw of the 4 next members who respond to this post. You have a 25% chance to win. One entry per name.

Please, not for staff members here at Mechodownload - just members who visit us regularly can win. ( staff can ask us directly for access )

Good luck to the next four...............

3. rainman

rainman French Junior Administrator Staff Member

wow, is this promo still going on...nobody wants to be protected, for free...I can tell you that I'm a user and works fine for me..this is not a gimmick. I guess some users here have so much money and just want to pay for free stuff...wish I could play, but I can't, I have a ongoing account already.

4. noirvpn

noirvpn MP Sponsor

OK, so perhaps a better incentive .....a free account to the next registered member here at Mechodownload who says... YES

Don't be shy...you have nothing to lose but your online identity...

5. noirvpn

noirvpn MP Sponsor

This is a free account offer, no strings attached but if you would rather pay for our service, this can be done as well.
    The free offer still stands.......all you have to do is ask here for it

6. Ombre

Ombre Uploader

Hallo dear noirvpn,

I am Ombre and this mean Shadow !
    I think that if the shadow hide behind the VPN (and moreover "Noir") would be a wonderful combination
    With pleasure accept your proposal for an free account and say YES !!!

Greetings
    Ombre

7. noirvpn

noirvpn MP Sponsor

OK,

We have a winner, OmbreX.

We will send you shortly, via PM, a link that will alow you to become invisible and safe while using the internet.
    You will have complete access to all servers and options. A complete security package.

Have a nice weekend.

Congrats

Noirvpn

8. Ombre

Ombre Uploader

[​IMG]

9. noirvpn

noirvpn MP Sponsor

Great, we hope you enjoy our vpn service.

Anybody else interested as well?
    Just make a comment here.

10. slowmo

slowmo Well-Known Member

I am not sure that given all the Snowden revelations that it is possible to avoid the internet surveillance totally. There just seems to be too many access points. I already run VPN mainly because of my ISP being one of those in the 6 strikes deal. They know I am moving data and they can see a pattern in that I am sure but they don't know what it is. So they can never actually charge me with infringement violation without that info. Of course there are many ways to skin a cat. Being in the US becomes the equivalent of being the cat. *smiles*

I may at some time donate to the site. I have to others before. But forums have to accept new members (it's their continued life blood) as well as new members have to accept the forum. While I like what I see so far as being what I would expect from a well run place, it's still a bit too soon to make that call. Over the years, I've been disappointed before.

11. hottwhls

hottwhls Member

Good job OmbreX for paying attention :) ...congrats brother

12. hottwhls

hottwhls Member

I'd like to make a comment...I think it's awesome!

13. noirvpn

noirvpn MP Sponsor

Send me a PM Hottwhls, if you want a free 30 day account as well, or are u a member already?

14. oxYd

oxYd rm -rf / Top Uploader

Unfortunately my trial period has expired but I need to say the service is excellent.;)

15. wizpop

wizpop New Member

Its ok to do this, but it should have been done as soon as you had a PC the amount of data that is stored about an individual is staggering, to completely sure that you are invisible you will have to commit to internet suicide to this have a look at this link This Infographic Shows You How to Delete Yourself from the Internet, then if all goes well you might just be anonymous.
    I use VPN's a lot but I also use firefox's ctrl+shif+p that also helps.

16. slowmo

slowmo Well-Known Member

Guess I've been lucky in that I've always believed that if you won't tend to your own security, no one is going to do it for you. A search for my RL name turns up tons of people, just not me. Getting off some of those lists mentioned in various articles linked to in the main article is harder than it appears on the surface and for many won't be permanent.

According to the Do not track me website owner, there is a whole ton of places you have to go to get off these various data collection houses. In order to remove your data, they don't make it easy. Most require some form of positive ID before they will do a deletion. Then 6 to 7 months later they are subject to 'rediscovering' you.

Then opt out isn't all it's cracked up to be either. Most require you go to some central site. I expect you are mined on arrival prior to making any sort of request to opt out. Once you make the request, they tend to give you a cookie for protection against their mining, which for most folk is absolutely worthless. If you are like me, every time I close the browser, all cookies and LSOs get deleted. At the same time that happens, there goes your opt out cookie leaving you to start the process again. Better to use a cookie manager/blocker of some sort, such as Beef Taco for FF.

17. rainman

rainman French Junior Administrator Staff Member

So...... at the end of the day, if you want to protect yourself while YOU use the internet...your best option is to give yourself some space from those who want to watch what you do and give some support to those who want to help you achieve this space.
    All said and done, I have taken the path of privacy. If it works, then great, if you don't and you get caught, then I will not say I told you so, you already know this. ( listen to that little voice inside you) . Just make a stand, any vpn service will do, but some are better.
    STAY SAFE AND DOWNLOAD.

18. eatmyshorts

eatmyshorts Crazy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

you won't find me in a web search :D

19. Ombre

Ombre Uploader

Do not be :biggrin: so sure, dear eatmyshorts!
    What would you say to those described in the Web by you in 2005 stories about your girlfriend?
    Or about EatMyShorts Level 97 on ISRO and his last activity there on 9:29pm on Monday 6th January 2014?
    And many, many more?

Greetings
    Ombre

Lasted edited by : Mar 13, 2014

20. noirvpn

noirvpn MP Sponsor

So a bit off topic here, no issue with us...forum chat is great with web friends....but if somebody else is looking to test a vpn account, then just write to us at: [email protected] dot com. We can arrange something for you
    Both Mechodownload and us at noir, wish you to have a safe download experience, without, some body watching over your shoulder. Be safe with us.

Lasted edited by : Apr 4, 2014